Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Extra Pair Of Hands - Soon!

Last Sunday, being my day-off, I was driven crazy with my son the whole day. The sight of our room alone, in total disarray, would do that.

We just finished reading and I thought it would be wonderful if someone or he himself takes care of his mess I requested for him to “return his books,” which were strewn on the floor along with his toys and what-not. If only he’d do as I told him. I would really love for him to do that but I, knowing only too well that he would either ignore my request or he could put the books back in place, only to make twice as much mess of them moments later, didn’t allow myself to expect him to do that. Aahh, frustrating. I am just too well-acquainted with the pitfalls of expecting.

After a glance to my direction, he mumbled “return” and then he started to pick up his books and “returned” them on the spot (under a re-used center table) where he got them. When he was done, he gave them a cursory final glance, looked at me and said “thank you” playfully. Not only that, he left the books untouched after returning them somewhat carelessly under the table. Yes he did (and I will not complain about how he arranged them because he's only 24-months old).

Monday, we went through the same motions again with the same positive result. I just couldn't help beaming like a cat after a good feeding.

I really can't wait for the time when I can request him to take care of the laundry.



1 comment:

AutoSysGene said...

LOL! If he learns to do laundry, send him to my house next. Go Matt!!